Friday, April 24, 2009

3 thoughts in my head. That's it.


Slackity slack slack.

No review this week, however, I have drank a substantial amount of wine. Like that's new...

Have been SLAMMED this week with work (boo) but got some news to share with you all.

1) I was approached by a remotely scary flaming-redhaired "French" woman (quotes because she had no accent, very disappointing) to join the Brotherhood of the Knights of the Vine. Yup. It's an ancient brotherhood dating back to the Round Table - like King Arthur, not the nasty pizza joint. She said she could "knight" me and I would be a "gentlelady." Made me giggle.

2) My women's wine group that was supposed to have its 4th event last night at a South Seattle winery has somewhat flopped. For some reason, people don't like to get together and drink on weeknights, it seems. I'm going to give it one more shot and then give up. Hah.

3) A Seattle publication, who will go nameless for the sake of discussion, has asked to pick up my blog for their Web site (Hi, Doug). I believe I will be the lone blogger featured (other than their own), I'm the only one writing for me (like I'd allow anything other), all the content is mine (dur) and I will eventually get paid for (who knows how long that is). This is one of my goals with abottle/aweek, along with becoming rich and famous and winning lots of awards (obviously).

However... This is somewhat a loss of individuality for me. Serious identity crisis because it's a big move, something that I've wanted, but now I'll be associated with something, representing something other than myself (which I usually screw up anyway). I have the success of something other than myself in my hands! Kind of... It's scary!

Big steps, for abottle/aweek. Leaps and bounds, even. I still haven't decided yet. Thoughts, concerns, questions, heartbreak, single tear?

Will I be selling out or will I be achieving one of my goals?

To be continued...

No comments: